I will start in the following days to try to setup Raspberry Pi as an APRS Digipeater with digi_ned.
You can follow the progress of this experience on the blog.
I have all the equipment required to begin :
* A Raspberry PI 512M
* A PacComm TINY-2 with KISS Mode ROM modem
* VHF radio
* USB to Serial converter with FTDI Chip
The challenge will be, to be able to use the FTDI Converter with a stable driver, setup AX25, run digi_ned on ARM system.
When all systems will be operational, I will try to provide a documentation on how-to setup the complete system.
This system can be use to :
* quickly deploy a mobile APRS digipeater
* install a digipeater where space is reduced
* install a digipeater on facilities without 110/220V power
Update 07/10/2013 : It works ! The digipeater is on air with call F4GVY-3. I will try to post a new article quickly.